Who is the most famous book author?
1. James Patterson — £71.3 million ($95 million) James Patterson is the world’s highest-paid author by a wide margin, and has been the world’s best-selling author since 2001. He has sold more than 350 million books worldwide, and is most famous for the “Alex Cross” crime novel series.
What is the name of a famous author?
List of best-selling fiction authors
|Author||Min. estimated sales||Number of books|
|William Shakespeare||2 billion||42|
|Agatha Christie||2 billion||85|
|Barbara Cartland||500 million||723|
|Danielle Steel||500 million||179|
Who is the best author?
The 10 Greatest Authors of All Time
- Leo Tolstoy – 327.
- William Shakespeare – 293.
- James Joyce – 194.
- Vladimir Nabokov – 190.
- Fyodor Dostoevsky – 177.
- William Faulkner – 173.
- Charles Dickens – 168.
- Anton Checkhov – 165.
What are the top 10 authors?
Top 10 Popular Authors In The World
- Stephen Edwin King. Stephen Edwin King (born September 21, 1947) is an American author of contemporary horror, supernatural fiction, suspense, science fiction, and fantasy.
- J.R.R. Tolkien.
- Charles Dickens.
- J. K. Rowling.
- Fyodor Dostoyevsky.
- Edgar Allan Poe.
- C. S.
- Roald Dahl.
Who is the best British writer?
Britain’s top 10… British writers
- William Shakespeare (1564-1616)
- Jane Austen (1775-1817)
- Charlotte Brontë (1816-1855)
- George Eliot (1819-1880)
- CS Lewis (1898-1963)
- George Orwell (1903-1950)
- Ian Fleming (1908-1964)
- J K Rowling (1965-present)
What are the 10 best selling books?
Top 10 Best-Selling Books of All Time:
- THE BIBLE. ~ 5 billion copies sold.
- QUOTATIONS FROM CHAIRMAN MAO TSE-TUNG. ~ 1.1 billion copies sold.
- THE QURAN. ~ 800 million copies sold.
- THE LORD OF THE RINGS.
- THE LITTLE PRINCE.
- HARRY POTTER AND THE PHILOSOPHER’S STONE.
- SCOUTING FOR BOYS.
- AND THEN THERE WERE NONE.
What is the most read book series?
The Harry Potter series
The Harry Potter series is far and away the highest-selling series of novels ever. Written by British author J.K. Rowling, the series has sold at least 500 million copies, 150 million more than the next-highest selling series.
What books do writers recommend?
Ten of the Best Books for Writers
- Stephen King: On Writing.
- Julia Cameron: The Artist’s Way.
- Elizabeth Gilbert: Big Magic.
- Steven Pressfield: The War Of Art.
- Virginia Woolf: A Writer’s Diary.
- Neil Gaiman: Make Good Art.
- Anne Lamott: Bird By Bird.
- Natalie Goldberg: Writing Down The Bones.
What should I read in 2020 fiction?
Here, the best fiction books of 2020.
- The Mirror & the Light, Hilary Mantel.
- A Children’s Bible, Lydia Millet.
- Homeland Elegies, Ayad Akhtar.
- I Hold a Wolf by the Ears, Laura van den Berg.
- A Burning, Megha Majumdar.
- Deacon King Kong, James McBride.
- Where the Wild Ladies Are, Aoko Matsuda.
- Breasts and Eggs, Mieko Kawakami.
Who is the best book author of all time?
James Patterson is the clear winner. In the top 100 ranking of all time, there are ten books he authored or co-authored. The second best authors is David Baldacci , followed by Suzanne Collins .
James Patterson is the world’s highest-paid author by a wide margin, and has been the world’s best-selling author since 2001. He has sold more than 350 million books worldwide, and is most famous for the ” Alex Cross ” crime novel series.
What are some good authors to read?
Tuten can move seamlessly from magic realism to more traditional prose.
Who are the greatest writers of all time?
Simply put, they’re easily some of the most famous authors of all time. This list of authors features the best writers ever, including, William Shakespeare, Jane Austen , Emily Bronte , Geoffrey Chaucer , Homer , Joseph Conrad, Charles Dickens , Herman Melleville, William Faulkner, and Edgar Allan Poe.