How does a VE pump work?
The Robert Bosch VE injection pump, made by a variety of manufacturers under license, is primarily found on small, high-speed diesel engines. This pump uses a single plunger that rotates and reciprocates simultaneously. The amount of fuel injected is determined by the effective stroke of the plunger.
What are the major parts of a ve injection pump?
The diesel fuel injection system consists of:
- fuel injection pump – pressurises fuel to high pressure.
- high-pressure pipe – sends fuel to the injection nozzle.
- injection nozzle – injects the fuel into the cylinder.
- feed pump – sucks fuel from the fuel tank.
- fuel filter – filtrates the fuel.
What does VE pump mean?
The VE injection pump is a mechanically controlled, axial-piston rotary pump. It uses a vane-type supply pump to generate an internal pump pressure that increases with engine speed. It has a single pumping plunger, called a distributor plunger.
How does P7100 pump work?
The P7100 injection pump is flange-mounted to the engine and is driven directly from the engine’s crankshaft through a gear train. Rotating the pump drive plate rotates the pump camshaft. The camshaft is supported by main bearings and rotates within the injection pump cambox.
How much is a fuel injector pump?
To get your injector pump replaced, you are looking at anywhere from $1,400 to $1,875. For labor, you should pay between $770 and $1,000, while parts will run between $685 and $900.
What are the symptoms of a bad injector pump?
Symptoms of a Bad or Failing Diesel Injection Pump
- Engine may run roughly, or not at all.
- Hard starting.
- Engine misfires.
- Lack of power.
- Excessive smoke from the exhaust.
How do you turn up a VE injection pump?
The Bosch VE pump can be turned up by turning the power adjustment screw clockwise about 1 to 2 turns. This power adjustment screw is located on the firewall end of the injection pump under a plastic cover that will pop off.
What are the two types of injection pump?
There are two types of fuel injection pump; the barrel cylinder type and the monoblock cylinder type.
What are the types of injection pump?
Know Your Vehicle: The 4 Types Of Diesel Fuel Pumps
- Common rail fuel injection pump. An electronically controlled diesel fuel supply system, this pump was developed to meet the strict 21st century exhaust gas regulations.
- Distributor (rotary) fuel injection pump.
- In-line fuel injection pump.
- Distributor injection pump.
What type of pump is a ve injection system?
Figure 10.32 illustrates layout of a VE-type pump installed in a self-bleeding fuel system similar to that used on light vehicles. Similar to other rotary pumps, this type uses one pumping element and a number of high-pressure outlets, one for each engine cylinder.