How can web service improve performance?
In this post I would like to present a few tips to improve the performance of your Web API services.
- Use the fastest JSON serializer available.
- Use compression techniques.
- Use faster data access strategies.
- Use caching.
- Use asynchronous methods judiciously.
What is web service performance?
Web performance optimization happens by checking and investigating the performance of your web application and recognizing approaches to enhance it. Web applications are a blend of server-side and customer side code. Your application can have performance issues on either side or the two should be optimized.
What is performance optimization of web application?
Web performance optimization occurs by monitoring and analyzing the performance of your web application and identifying ways to improve it. Your application can have performance problems on either side and both need to be optimized. The client side relates to performance as seen within the web browser.
How do you do performance optimization?
Guidelines to speed up your website
- Use a Content Delivery Network (CDN)
- Move your website to a better host.
- Optimize the size of images on your website.
- Reduce the number of plugins.
- Use website caching.
- Implement Gzip Compression.
- Database optimization in CMS.
How do you optimize an API?
Caching is one of the best ways to improve API performance. If you have requests that frequently produce the same response, a cached version of the response avoids excessive database queries. The easiest way to cache responses is to periodically expire it, or force it to expire when certain data updates happen.
What are different types of API?
🔗 Web APIs
- 🔗 Open APIs. Open APIs, also known as external or public APIs, are available to developers and other users with minimal restrictions.
- 🔗 Internal APIs. In contrast to open APIs, internal APIs are designed to be hidden from external users.
- 🔗 Partner APIs.
- 🔗 Composite APIs.
- 🔗 REST.
- 🔗 JSON-RPC and XML-RPC.
- 🔗 SOAP.
How do you test the performance of a Web service?
- Apache JMeter: An open source Java application designed to load test function behavior and measure peformance.
- HPE LoadRunner: A tool used to test application and measure system performance and behavior under load.
- StormRunner Load: A cloud-based load testing tool to design and create web and mobile performance tests.
How do you test the performance of a Web application?
Here are some steps on how to perform load testing:
- Create a dedicated test environment for load testing.
- Determine the load test scenarios.
- Determine load testing transactions for an application.
- Prepare data for each transaction.
- Predict the number of users that will access the system.
What are the optimization techniques?
What does optimize performance?
performance optimization. noun [ U ] IT. the process of making something, especially a computer system, work as effectively as possible: Web performance optimization streamlines your content and tunes your server to deliver web pages faster.
How do I optimize REST API calls?
Caching is very effective way of reducing the number of API call. So look for any data received from server which can be cached for certain duration. Note that caching would need more memory and hence make sure you are aware of its implication and accordingly decide the amount of data that needs to cached.
What are 2 types of APIs?
How do I improve my website performance?
How To Increase Website Speed & Performance For Beginners Serve Requests Quickly Imagine if every time the waiter showed up at the kitchen, he had to wait for the meal to be cooked. Serve Fewer Requests What really makes a good meal? What really makes a good website? Serve Requests Correctly Imagine if your meal menu listed all the wrong dishes in your meals.
How to improve and optimize website performance?
Why is website performance optimization important?
Website Performance Optimization – Why It’s Important. Attention spans are at an all-time low. A recent study showed that even in normal conversation, attention spans are only about 7 or 8 seconds. Online they are much worse. If your website performance isn’t up to par then your conversions will most certainly suffer. To combat this we
How to measure your website’s performance?
Check Your Site’s Speed Using Pingdom Tools Some tools enable you to measure your website’s loading times by checking out how long its pages take to load.