How do I add to a drop-down list in Excel?
Create a drop-down list
- Select the cells that you want to contain the lists.
- On the ribbon, click DATA > Data Validation.
- In the dialog, set Allow to List.
- Click in Source, type the text or numbers (separated by commas, for a comma-delimited list) that you want in your drop-down list, and click OK.
How do I create a list box in Excel 2007?
Add a list box or combo box to a worksheet in Excel
- Create a list of items that you want to displayed in your list box like in this picture.
- Click Developer > Insert.
- Under Form Controls, click List box (Form Control).
- Click the cell where you want to create the list box.
How do I add or delete a drop-down list in Excel?
Remove a drop-down list
- Select the cell with the drop-down list. If you have multiple cells with drop-down lists that you want to delete, you can use Ctrl+Left click to select them.
- Click Data >Data Validation.
- On the Settings tab, click Clear All.
- Click OK.
How do I create a drop-down list in Excel with multiple selections?
To create the drop-down list:
- Select the cell or cells you want the drop-down list to appear in.
- Click on the Data tab on Excel’s ribbon.
- Click on the Data Validation button in the Data Tools group.
- In the Data Validation dialog, in the Allow: list select List.
- Click in the Source: box.
How do I insert a combobox in Excel 2007?
To add a combo box in Excel 2007 and later versions, click the Developer tab, click Insert, and then click Combo Box under Form Controls. To add a combo box in Excel 2003 and in earlier versions of Excel, click the Combo Box button on the Forms toolbar.
How do you update a drop down list in Excel?
Edit a drop-down list with items that have been entered manually
- On the worksheet where you applied the drop-down list, select a cell that has the drop-down list.
- Go to Data > Data Validation.
- On the Settings tab, click in the Source box, and then change your list items as needed.
How do I copy a drop-down list to another cell?
How to copy lists from one cell to another
- Select a cell that contains the drop down list you want to copy.
- Copy the cell by pressing Ctrl + C or Right-click -> Copy.
- Select the cells where you want to paste the drop down list.
- Right-click, select paste special, click on Validation and press OK.
How do you add a drop down list?
To insert a drop down list in a Word document, please do as follows: 1. Click File > Options. 2. In the opening Word Options dialog box, please (1) click Customize Ribbon in left bar, (2) check Developer in the right box, and (3) click the OK button. See screenshot:
How do I drop down lists in Excel?
Drop Down List in Excel. You can create an in-cell drop down list in Excel by following these 4 easy steps: Select the cell, or range of cells, where you want to add the drop-down list. Go to Data > Validation > Settings tab (see image below) Select “List” from the Allow: drop-down box.
How to add a drop-down list to a cell in Excel?
[Solution] How to Add a Drop down List to Excel Cell Create the list in cells A1:A4. Similarly, you can enter the items in a single row, such as A1:D1. Select cell E4. (You can position the drop down list in most any cell or even multiple cells.) Choose Validation from the Data menu. Choose List from the Allow option’s drop down list. (See, they’re everywhere.) Click the Source control and drag to highlight the cells A1:A4. Alternately, simply enter the reference (=$A$1:$A$4). Make sure the In-Cell Dropdown option is checked. If you uncheck this option, Excel still forces users to enter only list values (A1:A4), but it See More….