How do I fix the CPU fan error on my ASUS motherboard?
How can I get rid of CPU fan error?
- Lower the default fan RPM in BIOS. Boot into BIOS on your PC. Navigate to CPU Fan settings.
- Disable CPU Fan speed monitoring in BIOS. Boot into BIOS. Navigate to the aforementioned Advanced settings.
- Check the hardware. Check the fan connections. Inspect the motherboard connection.
How do I disable the CPU fan error on my Asus?
In BIOS, go to the Fan control section not the monitoring section. The CPU fan headers should be listed – should show “CPU Q-FAN Control – Enabled or Disabled”, Enable that setting. Then you will see the setting below that is “CPU Fan Speed Low Limit”, set that to Ignore.
What does it mean by CPU fan error?
When you see the error message “CPU FAN Error” in POST, it means the system doesn’t detect the FAN. If you install another brand of CPU FAN with lower revolutions speed, the system may not be able to correctly detect it. You can try to set “CPU Fan Speed Low Limit” to 200 RPM in BIOS configuration.
How do I fix CPU fan speed error detected?
You can follow these tips to resolve the issue and get your CPU fan up and running:
- Press F1.
- Place your PC in a cool place.
- Clean your CPU fans thoroughly.
- Install a good airflow solution.
- Keep your PC in a cool place.
- Check your CPU fan’s settings.
- Change BIO settings.
- Get it checked by a Hardware technician.
How do I disable CPU fan fail warning?
To disable this function, please go into BIOS under “Advanced BIOS Feature” please set “CPU Fan Fail Warning” as “Disabled”.
How do I fix my CPU temperature?
CPU Over Temperature Error: How To Fix It
- Keep your laptop clean from dirt and debris.
- Give it space so that it doesn’t hold in heat.
- Keep your room cool, if possible.
- Monitor the temperature of your setup.
- Reapply the thermal paste around the CPU and its heatsinks.
- Change up the fan’s speed to effectively eliminate air.
What is the difference between CPU fan and CPU opt?
The crucial difference between a CPU OPT header and a CPU FAN is that CPU OPT headers do not prevent your PC from booting or automatically shut it down if they do not detect a functioning CPU cooler; they therefore lack an important safeguard compared to CPU FAN headers when it comes to CPU cooling.
What happens if CPU fan stops working?
CPUs with dead fans will overheat. The CPU can get so hot it will ignite, destroying itself beyond repair. A fried CPU can also take down the motherboard and other connected components with it when it goes. The CPU will break if the computer is continually used with a dead CPU cooler fan.
What is a normal CPU temp?
The CPU temp depends entirely on the CPU used. In general, anything between 40°C and 65°C (or 104°F – 149°F) is considered a safe heat range during a normal workload.
How do I reset my CPU fan?
Shut down your PC. Press the power button and immediately press F2 to enter into BIOS setup. Press F9 (or the load defaults button shown on the BIOS screen) to reset your BIOS. Press Esc or F10 and select “save and Exit” press Enter and allow your system to restart then check if the fan now works.
Can you ignore CPU fan error?
8 can bypass the CPU fan error message and get your device up and running properly. To do this, open BIOS and select Monitor > Fan Speed Monitor > N/A > Ignore > Exit > Save Changes.
Should I Enable CPU fan fail warning?
If “CPU Smart Fan” is enabled, the CPU fan speed will spin according to the CPU’s tempreature (The higher the tempreature, the faster the speed and vice-versa). To avoid this from happening, it is recommanded to first disable “CPU Fan Fail Warning” option and then enable “CPU Smart Fan” option.