How many types of protected areas are there?
There are 4 categories of the Protected Areas viz, National Parks, Sanctuaries, Conservation Reserves and Community Reserves. Sanctuary is an area which is of adequate ecological, faunal, floral, geomorphological, natural or zoological significance.
What are three types of protected areas?
IUCN Protected Area Management Categories:
- Category Ia – Strict nature reserve.
- Category Ib – Wilderness Area.
- Category II – National park.
- Category III – Natural monument or Feature.
- Category IV – Habitat/Species Management Area.
- Category V – Protected Landscape/Seascape.
What are considered protected areas?
What is a protected area? Protected areas – national parks, wilderness areas, community conserved areas, nature reserves and so on – are a mainstay of biodiversity conservation, while also contributing to people’s livelihoods, particularly at the local level.
What are the global categories of protected areas?
IUCN Protected Area Management Categories
- IUCN Category Ia – Strict Nature Reserve (Areas)
- IUCN Category Ib – Wilderness Area (Areas)
- IUCN Category II – National Park (Areas)
- IUCN Category III – Natural Monument or Feature (Areas)
- IUCN Category IV – Habitat / Species Management Area (Areas)
What is a protected area how many types of protected areas are there give examples?
Classification of protected areas (IUCN) These divide protected areas into six types, based on the management objective of the area, ranging from wholly biodiversity-focused objectives such as wilderness protection, to those incorporating human use, such as sustainable natural resource management 2.
What are protected areas Class 8?
They are protected areas intended to provide a natural habitat with all natural resources to the animals where they can freely roam and use the habitat. These areas are extended and diverse enough to protect the entire ecosystem including the flora, fauna, historic objects and the natural landscapes.
What is a protected area describe the protected areas of India for wildlife?
Protected Area (PA) has been defined in the Wildlife (Protection) Act, 1972. Section 2(24A) says: “Protected Area” means a National Park, Sanctuary, Conservation / Community Reserve. These are notified under Chapter IV titled “Protected Areas”.
What is deforestation Class 8?
It means clearing or cutting of trees or forests over large area.
What is the full form of Cites Class 8?
The full form of CITES is the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora.
What are Protected Areas write about the three types of protected areas with examples?
- Category Ia: Strict Nature Reserve.
- Category Ib: Wilderness Area.
- Category II: National Park.
- Category III: Natural Monument or Feature.
- Category IV: Habitat/Species Management Area.
- Category V: Protected Landscape/Seascape.
- Category VI: Protected area with sustainable use of natural resources.
What are the 10 causes of deforestation?
Primary Causes of Deforestation
- Agricultural Activities. As earlier mentioned in the overview, agricultural activities are one of the significant factors affecting deforestation.
- Livestock Ranching.
- Illegal Logging.
- Desertification of Land.
- Forest Fires.
What are the 7 causes of deforestation?
The causes of deforestation
- Natural causes as hurricanes, fires, parasites and floods.
- Human activities as agricultural expansion, cattle breeding, timber extraction, mining, oil extraction, dam construction and infrastructure development.