What are some good epitaphs?
Examples of Common Epitaphs
- Rest in Peace.
- In Loving Memory.
- Until We Meet Again.
- A Life Measured in Memories.
- Beloved Mother/Father, Wife/Husband, and Friend.
- Gone But Never Forgotten.
- A Lifetime of Laughter and Love.
- Friend to Many, Stranger to None.
What should be written on a headstone?
A short message referred to as an epitaph is usually added to a headstone along with a person’s name, birth date, and death date. Typically, the goal of the epitaph is to leave some words of wisdom, share the most important values of the deceased, or summarize the person’s life.
What should I put on my mother’s headstone?
67 Ideas for Short Headstone Sayings & Quotes for Mothers
- A Mother is a Mother Still; The Holiest Thing Alive.
- A Mother’s Love Like and Imperishable Sun Can Not Go Out.
- Nothing is so Painful to The Human Mind as a Great and Sudden Change.
- Mom-Just a Closer Walk with Thee.
- An Inspiration to All.
What do you write on a mother’s father’s headstone?
Headstone Epitaphs for both Parents
- Beloved by all who knew them.
- Ours is love everlasting.
- Death cannot part them.
- Missed by all.
- Safely home.
- Forever together, Mum & Dad.
- Life is not forever – love is.
- Until we meet again.
How do you clean a headstone without damaging it?
Scrub: With a soft-bristle brush, gently scrub the headstone in an orbital motion from bottom to top. Avoid any cracks or flakes when scrubbing. Avoid cleaning the entire stone if there is an excessive amount of scratches or flaking. Rinse: Always rinse the stone from bottom to top to avoid streaking.
What do you write on a baby’s gravestone?
Short Quotes for a Baby Headstone
- “So little, yet so loved.”
- “An angel visited earth and took a flower away.”
- “If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.”
- “Forever in our hearts.”
- “I’ll see you on the other side of the stars.”
What should I put on my dads headstone?
Personal Grave Marker Quotes
- “I lived a good life. Now I’ll have a good rest.”
- “I hate to leave you all behind, but we’ll meet again one day.”
- “Live to the fullest, for life is all too short.”
- “If I could do it all again, I wouldn’t change a thing.”
- “The greatest gift in life is love.”
What is the best cleaner for headstones?
Mix: Non-ionic detergents are generally recommended for cleaning granite headstones. Mix just one-ounce of non-ionic detergent to 5 gallons of water. Apply: Use a brush to gently apply the cleaning solution. Always test the solution to ensure the best results after the area has dried.
What do you do with old gravestones?
The simplest way to get rid of an old headstone is to simply put it in the garbage. However, depending on where you live, your local garbage service may not accept such heavy objects in the normal trash. So you will have to get it approved.
How much is Tombstone?
Starting price The cost of a headstone and base usually starts at $2,000 – $3,000.
What do you put on a gravestone UK?
- A long life well lived.
- Always together.
- Always loving, always loved.
- At peace.
- At rest.
- A beloved mother/father/husband/wife.
- Devoted in love.
What should I write on my husband’s headstone?