Where is the drain plug on a 2011 Chevy Silverado?
The oil drain plug is near the bottom of the engine block, and on the Silverado, the filter is to the left of the drain plug. Remove the oil drain plug using the socket wrench. Pull the plug out quickly and let the oil drain for 10 to 15 minutes.
What transmission fluid do I need 2011 Silverado?
The transmission oil used on Your 2011 Chevy Silverado 1500 is Valvoline Full Synthetic Transmission Fluid Dexron VI. The overall function of Your transmission fluid is detrimental to the health of Your transmission.
How do I get more power out of my 2011 Silverado?
Ways to Increase the Horsepower on a Silverado 1500
- Aftermarket Air Filter. Replace your stock air filter with an aftermarket air filter.
- Aftermarket Exhaust.
- Performance Spark Plugs, Wires and Filter.
- Aftermarket Computer Chip.
How do you reset the security system on a 2011 Silverado?
In a chevy silverado, you will try to reset the anti-theft system by turning the key on until the yellow lock goes out on the instrument panel for about 10 minutes. Turn the key off and do it 2 more times after 3 cycles, pull the key and put it back in.
How many quarts of oil does my 2011 Silverado take?
Capacity: 6 quarts (with filter)After refill check oil level.
What size is oil drain plug 5.3 Vortec?
The oil drain plug size for the Chevy Silverado is 15 mm.
How many quarts of transmission fluid does a 2011 Chevy Silverado take?
The 2011 Chevy Silverado transmission fluid capacity is 12 quarts. The usual cost for a Chevrolet Silverado 1500 transmission fluid change is between $253 and $297.
How do I get more power out of my 5.3 Vortec?
Install a nitrous oxide or methanol injection system. For advanced racers and custom builders, nitrous oxide added to any 5.3L Vortec engine produces prodigious power gains. Forced-induction systems benefit greatly from the additional cooling provided by methanol injection, as well.
How can I get more horsepower out of my 5.3 L?
Ways to Increase Horsepower to 5.3 Silverado
- Upgrade Performance Chips and Tuners.
- Upgrade Air Intake Systems.
- Upgrades throttle body spacers.
- Exhaust system upgrade.
- Intercooler Installation.
- Throttle Body.
- Installation of Superchargers and Turbochargers.
- How much horsepower can a 5.3 make?
How do I bypass PASSLock GM security system?
Thankfully this is an easy fix.
- Leave the ignition key turned to the “On” position after the vehicle has stalled and will not start.
- Look at the dashboard and locate the theft system light.
- Turn the ignition to the “Off” position to disable the PassLock system, and wait for 20 seconds for the system to reset.
What triggers theft-deterrent system?
The theft-deterrent system in your vehicle may be triggered by the following: Key learning (copy of key made) Forced entry alarm (door, trunk, hood) Charging alarm (electric vehicles only)